MEDICAL TRADING CO LTD (MTCL) (BRN: C0707607) (“MTCL”) is committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal data is collected and used properly, lawfully and openly. As a result, we would like to inform you regarding the way we would use and process your personal data when you register for Upload and Collect Services (the “Services”).
We recommend you to read this Privacy Notice (hereafter the “Notice”) so that you understand our approach towards the use of your personal data. You will be required to consent to the terms of this Notice prior to acceding to the Services using this web site.
If you do not agree with these terms, you choose not to provide your personal data and this will impact on our ability to provide you with the Services. This Notice forms part of our Terms and Conditions and such shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the relevant laws.
This Notice has been designed in compliance with the provisions of the Mauritius Data Protection Act 2017 (hereafter the “MDPA”).
MTCL provides the Services (as defined in paragraph 2 of the Terms & Conditions) through its website https://www.medactiv.mu (MTCL) Website.
Collection of Personal data
We collect and process your personal data mainly upon registration to provide you with access to our Services and to support our contractual relationship with you. In certain instances, we may process your personal data for certain other purposes as detailed below.
|Types of personal data||Details|
|Name and surname||Mandatory upon registration|
|Email address||Mandatory upon registration|
|Mobile number||Mandatory upon registration|
|Medical Prescription||Mandatory for collection of certain medicines|
|Residential Phone Number||Optional|
- What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browser navigate a website and the cookies themselves cannot collect any data stored on your computer or your files. When a server uses a web browser to read cookies they can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent to you.
Session cookies – to allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new page you visit.
Technical cookies – These cookies are required for the proper functioning and operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, to manage your bookings etc.
Analytical cookies – Allows us to gain insight into how our visitors use www.medactiv.mu, such as which web pages viewed, date and timestamp info, platform type used etc. This helps us to improve the way our website works.
Functional cookies – Used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to remember your preferences, such as language or region, which remain as your default settings when you revisit the website.
- How do I reject and delete cookies?
How we use your data
We will use your personal data only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for instance:
- To render our Services;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us pursuant to the Services;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To respond to your queries or comments;
- To inform you about any Services downtime, new [xxx] features or promotions;
- Collect data about the device you are using to view the site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal data so as to ensure that the site presents the best web experience for you;
- Evaluate the use of the site, products and services;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- For market research purposes;
- For monitoring and auditing site usage;
- Help speed up your future activities and experience on the site. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided your Personal data and will not request the same data a second time;
- In connection with legal proceedings;
- Make the site easier to use and to better tailor the site and our products to your interests and needs;
- Offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions;
- Personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to it;
- Suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you;
- To assist with business development;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised customer for security purposes;
- To contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
We may also use your personal data to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
If you have consented to receiving marketing communications from us, you have the possibility to opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the data and means necessary to opt out.
Retention of your personal data
Where we collect personal data for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect data from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete data from our Services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove data from our backup systems.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data to our business partners who are involved in the delivery of our Services such as transportation providers like for example contractors or taxi drivers so that they contact you to confirm pick-up location and time etc.
We may share your personal data with, and obtain data about you from:
- Third parties for the purposes listed above (including lawyers, bankers and auditors who provide consultancy, banking, legal and accounting services);
- Other sister companies within the logistics cluster of the IBL Group;
- Other companies in our industry when we believe it will enhance the services and products we can offer to you, but only where you have not objected to such sharing;
- Other third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing data.
- Insurance companies or administrators where applicable (for example Medscheme, Linkham, Jubilee)
We may also disclose your data:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
Transfer of personal data abroad
We may further need to transfer your information to countries outside our territorial limits in order to provide our Services to you. You will be informed should your personal data need to be transferred overseas and we will take appropriate safeguards in order to secure the personal data being transferred.
Personal data security
Where we share or transfer personal data, we will do this in accordance with the MDPA, as amended from time to time. We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data in accordance with our internal security procedures covering its storage, access and destruction. Personal data may be stored on our own technology systems or those of our vendors or in paper files.
Access to your personal data
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. To do this, simply contact our Data Protection Officer and specify what data you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal data.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Correction of your personal data
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal data. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal data we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would take the necessary steps to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date by notifying us of any changes we need to be aware of.
Changes to this notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices.
This version is dated 01.10.2018.
How to contact us
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee compliance with and questions in relation to this Notice. If you have any questions about this Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details set out below:
Data Protection Officer
Medical Trading Co Ltd
Des Reserves Street, Les Salines. Port Louis
Tel: 230 2033515
You have the right to complain to with the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) if you believe we have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. However, as a first step before complaining to the DPC, we would appreciate that you contact us so that we can remediate your concerns.